What is Points Rummy?
Points Rummy is one of the most versions of forms of Indian Rummy
. It is also called 80 points Rummy and 13 Rummy. This game is played with two to six players on the table for points that have a pre-decided value. One or two standard decks In Points Rummy, just like Pool Rummy and Deals Rummy, each player is dealt 13 cards. However, Points Rummy has some key differences in rules and calculations in winning the game. The main objective of the game is to score zero points at the end of every round before making a valid declaration. Points Rummy is considered the fastest version of Indian Rummy.
In Points Rummy, a player can play more than one round unless and until they don’t achieve the objective of the game. Every player must pursue zero points at the end of every round of Points Rummy. Before making a valid declaration, the player has to ensure that the cards are arranged or formed into valid sets or sequences. There need to be two sequences - Pure and Impure. The player who wins will take all the cash based on the basis of the opponents’ total points in Points Rummy. Each game runs only 1 deal, thus making the fastest way to more games within a short span of time. Points Rummy has become a popular rummy game among Indian users due to technological advancements and the internet.
How to play Points Rummy on PlayerzPot?
PlayerzPot is an amazing platform for users to play Points Rummy. It renders an opportunity for the
players to earn exciting cash rewards while playing card games
. Furthermore, Playerzpot has guaranteed that the users are
provided with a user-friendly and secure platform to play Points Rummy. To play Points Rummy, you have to follow below points:
- You need to download the PlayerzPot app and fill in your details including name, phone number and email address.
- After filling in the details, you can log in to your PlayerzPot account with the username and password provided to you.
- Select play Rummy on PlayerzPot. After that, click on Points Rummy and then it will redirect you to the section.
- You will have to select a pot to compete. Remember, each pot has a different entry fee.
Here’s how you can play and win Points Rummy
- On PlayerzPot, just like Pool Rummy, Points Rummy is played with a minimum of two players and a maximum of six players on the table. Each player will be dealt 13 cards and the remaining cards are faced-down in the closed deck.
- There is a pre-determined value and each player has to bring a minimum amount to the table. A toss will decide who will make the first move. The first card from the pack is placed in the open deck, signaling that the game has begun.
- A Joker card is randomly picked at the beginning of every game in Points Rummy. If a Printed Joker is selected as Joker for the game, then players can opt for an Ace card of any suit as a joker in their sets or sequences in Points Rummy.
- The main aim of the players in Points Rummy is to assemble 13 cards in their hands in a sequence or sets. Each player on the table takes turns picking or discarding cards from the closed or open deck in order to complete the sequence or sets. But make sure you should have at least one Pure and Impure sequence.
- You can use one or more Joker to complete your sequence or sets. You can move a card to finish the slots to declare the sets and sequences. Each player on the table must show their cards in hand and group them in sets or sequences to be declared a winner of the game. The game will come to an end after the first player presses the ‘Declare’ button.
How is the score calculated in Points Rummy on PlayerzPot?
In the Points Rummy, there is a scoring pattern that has to be followed by every player while playing the game. The players and users need to know and understand how the scoring is calculated in Points Rummy.
Deciding the Winner:
- The first player to make the valid declaration after assembling the cards in a sequence or sets wins the game. The winner of the game will get zero points.
- If one or more players drop the game before the first move, they will get 20 points each and the game will continue till the first player emerges as the winner.
- If one or more players drop the game after making the first move, then they will get 40 points each and the game continues till a winner emerges.
- If a player leaves without meeting the objective of the game, then he/she will get 80 points.
Points calculation for the Losers of the game in Points Rummy
- In Points Rummy, each card carries a certain number of points. Any player who loses the game will get points equal to his/her hand score. Here are the points for each card:
- J - 10 Points
- Q - 10 Points
- K - 10 Points
- A - 10 Points
- All other numbered cards carry the same points as their face value. For example, 7 carries 7 points or 5 carried 5 points.
- Jokers don’t have any value as it carries zero points.
- At the end of the game, the losing player’s hand score will be added to the points for cards that are not arranged or grouped in a sequence or form.
- If a losing player has no sequence or sets, then all the cards are counted.
- In case the losing player doesn’t have two sequences but has only Pure Sequence, the Pure sequence won’t be counted.
- If a player misses three consecutive turns, then he or she is dropped automatically from the game. This will be considered a middle drop and the player gets 40 points.
How does the Drop Option work in Points Rummy?
In Points Rummy, Drop Options refers to the ability for a player to choose to drop out of a round early and accept a lesser score. This can be useful if the player feels that they are not likely to win the round and wants to minimize their losses.
On PlayerzPot, Drop Option will be available throughout the duration of the game. However, the player can drop from the game when their turn comes. In Points Rummy, there are two types of Drops - First Drop and Middle Drop.
- First Drop : First Drop is called Initial Drop. A player who drops from the game before making the first move or without picking a card, then it is called the first drop. In First Drop, he or she will get 20 points.
- Middle Drop : If a player leaves the game after picking a card, then it is called the middle drop. You can go for a middle drop when you have no sequence. In Middle Drop, he or she will get 40 points.
Typically, the drop option is only available at the beginning of a round before any cards have been discarded or melded. If a player decides to drop, they will be assigned a predetermined number of points, which is typically higher than the minimum required to win the round. This score will be added to the player's overall score for the game.
How are the winnings calculated in Points Rummy on PlayerzPot?
When you play Points on PlayerzPot, It is essential to understand how the winnings are calculated. At the end of each game, the winner will get the cash as follows:
- Winnings: Sum of all opponents’ points x Pre-determined rupee value = PlayerzPot Fees
- There is a pre-decided value and every player has to pay an entry. For eg. if six players on the table paid Rs. 100. If Player 4 declares and other players lose with 10, 20, 30 and 40 points respectively. The winner’s cash will be calculated as 100 x (10 + 20 + 30 + 40) = 1000. This will be credited to their PlayerzPot account.
- Winnings in points are calculated based on the number of points that the losing players have at the end of each game.
- At the end of each game, the losing players are penalized based on the number of points they have remaining in their hands.
- The losing player is penalized for the sum of the points in their remaining hand. The player with the lowest number of points at the end of each game is declared the winner and is awarded the winning.
What are the rules of Points Rummy?
Here are the basic rules that players have to follow and understand while playing the Points Rummy:
- The deck : Points rummy is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. The cards are ranked from Ace to King, with the Ace being the highest-ranked card.
- The objective : The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all of their cards by forming sets and sequences. A set is a group of three or four cards of the same rank, while a sequence is a group of three or more cards of the same suit in consecutive order.
- The deal : The first dealer is determined by drawing cards. The player with the highest-ranked card becomes the first dealer. The dealer shuffles the deck and deals a specific number of cards to each player, based on the number of players in the game.
- The Joker : In points rummy, a wild card or joker is used to replace any card to complete a set or a sequence.
- The declaration : A player can only declare their hand after they have formed a valid set and sequence. The declaration must be made before the player discards their last card.
- Scoring : In points rummy, the winner is determined by counting the points remaining in the losing players' hands. Face cards (King, Queen, Jack) are worth 10 points each, Ace cards are worth 1 or 11 points, and other cards are worth their face value. The losing player is penalized for the sum of the points in their remaining hand.
- Winning and payout : The player with the lowest number of points at the end of the game is declared the winner and is awarded the winnings. The winnings are calculated as the total number of points that the losing players have remaining in their hands, multiplied by a pre-determined multiplier.
Tips to win Points Rummy on PlayerzPot
Here are the tips you can follow that will you win the Points Rummy:
- The more you play Points Rummy, the better you'll get at it. Take advantage of free online rummy games to practice and improve your skills.
- Observe your opponents' playing styles and tendencies. This can help you predict their moves and make better decisions.
- Make sure to plan your moves in advance. Think about the cards you need to form sets and sequences and keep an eye on the jokers available.
- Keep track of the cards in your hand, and try to minimize the number of points you have at the end of each game.
- Keep track of the cards that have been discarded, as this can give you valuable information about what cards your opponents might have.
- Feel free to be aggressive and go for the win. At the same time, be mindful of the points in your hand and don't take unnecessary risks.
- Points Rummy is a game of skill and strategy. Make sure to use your intelligence and apply your skills to make the best decisions possible.
- Stay focused and avoid distractions. Pay attention to the game and make sure to take your time and think things through before making a move.
Find Out More About Rummy on PlayerzPot